The long-awaited new book that offers precious lessons in creating and sustaining a strong family culture in a turbulent world.
With the same profound insight, simplicity, and practical wisdom that propelled The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People to worldwide acclaim, Stephen R. Covey now focuses on the primary concern of society today - the family.
No family is free from challenges, from its own members or from the outside world. In his latest book, Covey shows how the 7 Habits create a powerful framework of timeless, universal, and self-evident principles that enable family members to effectively communicate about their problems and resolve them. He also shows how families can move from a problem-solving to a creative mind-set, focusing on accomplishing goals and contributing together in meaningful ways.
Sharing insightful, often poignant or humorous experiences from his own life and also from the lives of many families who are striving to live these principles, Covey teaches you how you can:
* become an agent of change in your family
* create a family mission statement - a compelling, unifying expression of shared vision and values
* make family a priority, even in the midst of a turbulent world
* work together effectively to come up with new, third-alternative solutions
* shift your focus from survival (barely making it yourselves) to significance (making a real difference in your family and in the world).
With the clarity and uncommon sense that have already reached tens of millions of readers, Covey demonstrates how the principles of the 7 Habits can be used to build the kind of strong, loving family that lasts for generations.
As Covey says, When you raise your children, you are also raising your grandchildren. He shows that building a strong family is not a matter of nature or nurture, but of choice.
Additional product information
Stephen R. Covey
|Number of Pages
Allen & Unwin